Saturday 8 January 2011

A new addiction!

I had an idea in my head before Christmas to paint each of my nieces a plate for their Christmas dinner. I wish I didn't always get these ideas going round my head because I didn't really have time to mess around painting plates that I thought would look rubbish anyway but the idea wouldn't go away so I bought a couple of cheap plates and some porcelain paints.
I traced an image of Peppa pig from a magazine and transferred this to each plate and painted it. It seemed very fiddly to start with and was looking a bit blotchy but the paint looked more even as it dried.
The childrens names were painted on each plate and some dots around the edge to finish them off.
I was very pleased with how they turned out and the children loved them and used them for every meal over Christmas.
I forgot to photograph them properly!

I am now searching round for blank pottery to paint-I think i'll look around for a white jug to paint to go on my kitchen shelves because i have searched everywhere for a colourful one but haven't been able to find just the right one!
I think all the children I know will be getting their own personalised plates soon too!

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's fabulous! You made a super job of it I can see why they liked them so much.

    Ikea is a good source of plain white pottery ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of looking there Net- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant job there Wendy, very professional looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well painted and an excellent simple image to start with.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea I bet you are now glad you listened to the voice in your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant Wendy - what a fab idea for gifts. Can't wait to see what else you come up with x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Wendy. We have a Peppa fan in the house & he thinks it's brill..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is amazing, well done! I was also going to suggest IKEA for pain white crockery and vases/jugs!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks brilliant! What a great idea, I may have to try that next year for my niece! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic, a lovely idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really neat, great idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea Wendy!!!! They look fabulous & so personal too! xxx

    ReplyDelete